MainOne Cable Social media internship – MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Contract
Social/Online Media Community Management:
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers online by 1000 across platforms before middle of 2018
- Grow LinkedIn Community groups e.g Nerds Unite to 2000 members by end of 2018
- Monitoring and replying to online requests from candidates and clients (initially under supervision MarComms Manager) Ideation and generation of content for online communications for MainOne/MDXI across social platforms and posting on a daily basis, using tools like TweetDeck
- Provide support to the PR and Digital Communications Team in terms of ideation and generation of content for online communications for MainOne/MDXI on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and LinkedIn
- Use monthly LinkedIn polls, contests and surveys to build our social media footprint
- Ensure all staff and customers are added to MainOne community online.
- Work with MarComms Manager and IT on updating MainOne/MDXI websites
Content Generation and Distribution:
- Schedule and coordinate a monthly brainstorming meeting with PR and Communications team on monthly social media and blogging calendar
- Liaise with internal thought leaders to push out blog posts via owned accounts
- Drive awareness of new blog posts by posting the articles into technology and data center forums and groups
- Help to create one piece of video content per month and post on YouTube
- Manage MainOne’s archive of digital images, videos and other content.
Understanding and monitoring online analytics:
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities. Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics, examining how specific content performs and traffic flow on website.
- Analyse best performing website pages and update other pages to reflect this.
- Use tools like Klout, Tweriod to measure online influence, and monitor content type that gets increased shares.
- Perform monthly audits of all online media accounts, benchmarked against competitors and adjust plans to optimize reach.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field and Currently on NYSC
- Years of Experience: 1 year
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo editing and video editing software. Experience with PhotoShop and InDesign a plus.
- Familiarity managing multiple social media accounts and curating content online
- Time management, skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Good oral and written communication skills
Demand on the Job:
- Fast learner
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Time management and skills & ability to work well under pressure.
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.