Applications are now open for Guinness Diageo’s 2nd Phase Internship Programme 2018. Recall we had earlier posted the 11 ongoing intership opportunities at Guinness Breweries. We noticed that many students missed that opportunity. Therefore we wish to inform you that the opportunity to intern with Guinness Breweries is here again, Make sure you apply this time. Check list of ongoing internships and the company that accept IT placement in Nigeria.
Guinness Internship offer Description
Level: 3rd Party Employee
Reports To: Territory Manager
Type of Job: Non-Employee
Reporting Location: Ogba Brewery
Business and Role Context
Diageo’s vision is to become the best performing most trusted and respected Consumer Goods company in every market we operate. Our goal is to be ‘winning at the moment of choice’. This along with putting the consumer at the heart of everything we do, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & efficient field sales team developed to demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building.
Purpose of the role
The role is designed to develop outstanding Territory Managers by developing fundamental Selling & Leadership skills through a bespoke training program.
While in training the individual is expected to:
- Ensure required outlets coverage, products distribution and also volume target for the assigned route is achieved.
- Execute outlet activation standards
Win through Execution – Demand brilliant execution to ensure we win always at the point of purchase. Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance across Distributor (and GN employees) within their territory.
This role is instrumental to ensuring volume and coverage target of the company is achieved. Key Accountabilities will include:
- Ensure all brands/SKUs ( Stock Keeping Units) are loaded on truck daily before trucking out.
- Ensure priority brands are listed and available in the right quantity in all outlets, while ensuring no out of stock situation (OOS) for other SKU’s
- Sell all brands and SKUs to all customers without discrimination and achieve his volume target
- To go to trade with all required selling tools
- To merchandise all products while selling in all outlets
- To always sell within assigned selling route/territory daily with no criss-crossing
- Effectively execute outlet activation standards in all assigned outlets
- Order delivery
- Use SFA ( Sales Force Automation) in every call
- Print a receipt via the SFA device for every Productive call
- 100% reconciliation every day
- No credit to any store
- Ensure effective customer/business development within assigned territory
- Has accountability for POS (Point of Sale) materials, Chillers, Light signs etc. deployed in retail outlets within sales territory.
- Lead effective morning meetings that increase performance on all called out KPI’s
Qualifications and Experience Required
Graduate, not more than 1 year post NYSC
High level awareness of the application of Health & Safety Standards
Good communication skills –written and verbal
Good IT skills
High degree of integrity
Good interpersonal skills
Healthy and physically fit.
Experienced driver with valid license
The role is 100% field based and in a defined geographical area
Will be required to work some nights
Some travel to Divisional
Method of Application