So many complaints and questions have been laid by our users concerning the need of NIN in any ongoing Nigerian Undergraduates Scholarships. It is important to let you know that the requirement of NIN in any Nigerian Undergraduates Scholarship application (Agbami, Chevron, ExxonMobil, NNPC, Total etc) is for proper Identification and confirmation of your Nigerian Citizenship. This post is purely for those who did not see our Guidelines of winning Undergraduates Scholarships on time. For those you who had register before now, You can check if your card is ready for collection (Check If Your NIN is Ready For Collection)
NIN is the National Identification Number being organised by the National Identity Management Commission To obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
Steps to Register and Get NIN
The following underlisted steps must be duly followed in order to get your NIN;
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
You can as well do your total registration at the NIMC office without undergoing the step 1-4 above. just make sure you go with your documents.
Document required for NIN Registration
Just go with a Letter of Identification from your Local Government. They will give you a form to fill there and enroll you. At the end of the registration, you will be issued with the temporal slip after which you will called for the permanent Card. This takes about 3-4years.