IEEE Power and Energy Society Scholarship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2018 IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) scholarships award for undergraduate electrical engineering students in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Scholarships are awarded to pursue careers in power and energy engineering.
Goal of the scholarship
The goal of the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative is to encourage undergraduate students to pursue careers in power and energy engineering.
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES), formerly the IEEE Power Engineering Society, is the oldest society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about electric power and energy.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for a full-time undergraduate student at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue careers in power and energy engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship recipients will receive the following amounts assuming continued qualification:
- US$2,000 for each of the first two years
- US$3,000 for the third year
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Scholarship can be taken in USA, Puerto Rico or Canada
- Eligible Countries: Students from U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- A citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- A full-time student at a university or college in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Canada?
- Working towards an Electrical Engineering bachelor’s degree
- Willing to take at least 3 Power Engineering courses, totalling 9 credits or more
- A student with a GPA 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Willing to consider a career in electric power and energy engineering
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete online scholarship application form. The application is considered complete if:
- All required sections of the application are marked as 100% completed
- A letter of reference has been included with their application