It is our pleasure to bring to your notice about the ongoing Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) for Nigerians. P-YES 2019 is a Federal Government Scheme like the NPOWER.
However, while Npower beneficiaries are posted to publicly owned establishments such as schools, hospitals etc, P-YES beneficiaries will be trained and empowered on certain areas of vocations and businesses.
2019 P-YES Program for Nigerian Youths
About P-YES Program 2019
The full meaning of P-YES is Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme. The scheme is structured as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative driven by the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs (OSAPYSA). The program is targeted at providing solutions to the challenges of youth unemployment, through the execution of direct empowerment initiatives.
2019 P-YES Goals
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) has been conceived and designed to:
- Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
Registration for the newly launched scheme has been opened online. Interested applicants may as well apply directly at P-YES office Abuja (see the address below this post)
Below are the details all prospective applicants should be cognisant of.
2019 P-YES Application Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicant must be a Nigerian male or female between the ages of 18 and 40.
- Applicant must have a means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefiting from the scheme.
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants can be literate, semi-literate, SSCE, NCE, OND, HND, Bsc, Masters holders
Nature and Objectives of P-YES Program
The youth will undergo training in multiple vocations such as;
- Information technology
- technology acquisition and many other strategic vocations
Successful trainees will be equipped with Seed Empowerment Tools (SET)s such as ;
- rice mills
- poultry accessories
- branded mobile kiosks
- farm implements
- mobile restaurants
- photography units etc.
Application Procedures Online
- Visit P-YES application portal (see the link below this post)
- On the menu above, click Application and choose “Start your Application”
- Read other instructions on the page before clicking the “Apply now” link or go her straight
- You will need an active phone number and email to fill the form.
- After completing the filling and submission, kindly print your Guarantor form.
How to Apply for P-YES Program
Visit the application page or go straight to link http://p-yes.gov.ng/
P-YES Helps and Supports Office
Youth and Student Affairs.
5th floor, Wing B Phase 1,
Federal Secretatiat Complex.
Contact: Mr. AbdulAziz S. Omulolu