If you have ever anticipated for Nigeria Police work, now this is your chance as application form is currently ongoing for 2019 Nigerian Police Force. The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigeria Police Force for 2018 / 2019.
Aims of Policing Job Recruitment
The need by the present leadership of the Nigeria Police Force to reposition the Force through capacity building calls for the recruitment of Police Officers of lower cadre into the Nigeria Police Force. In order to align with International standard and best practices and the United Nation Standard of Policing, the Force needs virile and dynamic police officers for better service delivery and mitigating emerging security challenges. To this end, our goal is to ensure the safety of lives and property of the Nigeria citizens and make Nigeria safer and more secured for economic development and growth.
The Police Service Commission is an Independent Government Agency established under Section 153 of the 1999 Constitution with the power to Appoint, Promote, Post, Dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over members of the Nigeria Police Force. The Commission derives its Mandate from the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Paragraph 30 of the Third Schedule), and the Police Service Commission (Establishment, etc) Act, 2001.
Eligibility & General Requirements for Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2018
- Nationality: Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess National Identity Number (NIN).
- Age: Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.
- Education: Must have an O’ Level certificate at least five credits level passes including Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: Must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Height: Must not be less than 1.67 metres in height for men and 1.64 metres for women.
- Chest Measurement Must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Physical Features: Must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities: Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, Flat Feet, Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand. Tattoos, Bodily Scar, Defective Eyesight or Squint Eyes, Amputation of any part of the body. Gross Malformation of teeth. Protruding Navel.
- Pregnancy: Must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- Financial Status: Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Guarantors’ Form: Must download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two (2) of the following: Traditional Rulers, Magistrate, Local Government Chairman, Heads of Educational Institutions attended. Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police Officer not below the rank of CSP, or Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
- NOTE: All candidates must undergo a medical examination before final selection.
How to Apply for 2018 Police Recruitment
All applications must be submitted ONLINE.
- You MUST have a functional Email Address and Mobile Phone Number before you begin your application;
- Fill and SUBMIT the Online Form. (Review the information before final submission).
- Ensure that you print out the information that is sent automatically to your Email, and do not forget to copy and save your REGISTRATION NUMBER for future correspondences. The NUMBER Is case sensitive please.
- You would be required to present a hardcopy of email message sent to you if you are shortlisted and contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Applicants must print their completed online forms, guarantor form and submit it at the examination/screening and recruitment centre.
- All applicants MUST have readily available scanned copy of their:
- SSCE/GCE/NABTEB/NECO Result
- Birth Certificate Result
- FSLC Result
- LGA Certificate
- Passport Photograph
Application Deadline For Police Job: 11th January 2019.
- The Police Service Commission and the Nigeria Police Force DO NOT demand or accept gifts or gratification to offer employment.
- Do not offer money to anyone before, during or after the recruitment exercise. Any candidate found doing either of these would be summarily disqualified and prosecuted.
- No email and/or phone number can be used more than once in this application.
- Applicants with multiple applications would be disqualified.
- The Nigeria Police Force shall not enter into any correspondences with candidates or on behalf of candidates in this exercise aside this portal or candidates emails/telephones.