Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Regional Sales Representative
Ref No: 004QSC
The Solar Regional Sales Representative is responsible for the development of the sales of Schneider Electric solar offer in the Country. Job includes:
- Leading the commercial actions in the region including prescription, customer management, opportunity development and follow-up, contract negotiation and conclusion in order to maximise the order intake and market share.
- The Representative shall follow-up the Solar Commercial Policy and Processes especially on profitability level. Contract management may include the management of Global Strategic Accounts and Targeted Global Accounts what could result in being involved on opportunities out of their area.
- The Representative will interact with the Business Development Manager for West Africa, and also receive support from Solar BU Sales Application Engineer.
- Estimated time: 80%
Contributing in promoting Solar in Country towards:
- External stakeholders (administration, media, solar associations …).
- Internal stakeholders (country president, business VP, offer marketing …).
- Estimated time: 10%
Contributing in building, updating and deploying a commercial plan for the country:
- Resource definition and allocation (esp interaction with execution and services)
- Targets and forecasts
- Commercial strategy – pricing positioning / business model / major customers
- Technical specification / evolutions of current and future product portfolio
- Supply chain (localisation, …)
- Country priorities
- She/he shall provide forecasts (order intake, project details, volume by product category) on a
- monthly basis for the next 3 months and on a quarterly basis for the next 12 months. She/he shall make sure that data in Bridge Front Office is updated before the last day of each month.
- Estimated time: 10%
- Business indicators (Order Intake, Sales, Profitability)
- Customer portfolio and conversion rate
- Hit rate and market share
- Bridge Front Office Accuracy
- Project sales experience, and technical background
- Networking capabilities (externally and internally)
- Leadership and management skills
- Solar business competencies (business model, market specifications, technical …)
- Collaboration spirit between areas, with other solar teams (Repetitive application, LoBs,
- Services …) and with country organisations (Energy, Partner, Execution, Services …)
- Synthesis and analysis capabilities
- Rigour and result driven
- Fluent English and local language.
- Understanding of French language would be a plus.
- The Regional Sales Representative reports to the area manager for ZONE.
Job Title: Field Services Outside Sales Representative, Energy & Power
Ref No.: 004NG9
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Develops account profiles and executes the sales plan.
- Applies market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences.
- Identifies and contacts potential customers or prospects, either existing or new.
- Secures customer satisfaction overseeing all ongoing activities with the customer (orders, delivery..)
- Utilizes BFO (Salesforce.com) for sales funnel management and for Account Planning.
- Provides monthly forecasts and summaries in a timely manner.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis and reports on field service performance.
- Prepares sales quotations and proposals with the help of quotation team in respect of FS expected margin.
- Works closely with Inside Service Sales Representatives and the BU account manager to maximize business opportunities.
- Is “feeding” the Field Services Marketing leaders with Offers feedback and needs
- Educates customers on all SE products and services with special attention on Recurring and digital Offers
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to other sales employees
- Coordinates and/or attends trade shows and marketing/sales seminars as needed
- FS Sales Team, Customers, FSVP, FS Operational Marketing, Inside services sales, BU/Country account managers, Business developers , Services Bureau
Key Success Factors:
- Good working relationship and regular coordination with all Account Managers (incl. GAM/KAM) for opportunities identification and support
- Regular collaboration with FS Operational Marketing team for thorough understanding of country Installed Base
Education / Skills
- The successful candidate should have a (4) year college Degree or equivalent work experience and (3-10) years technical sales experience.
- Inside sales or CCC experience is a plus
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical in Field Services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including C-level customers
- Thorough knowledge of Schneider Electric services offers throughout the Asset Management Life Cycle of the product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools. Excellent organizational skills.
Job Title: Field Service Representative
Ref Id: 004IIX
- This position is accountable for installing, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
- The incumbent will maintain, retrofit, and provide technical support for all Schneider products, both in the shop and on site.
- Work on competitive equipment may also be part of the role.
- FSR will instruct customers on the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- He will provide technical instruction and guidance to new and less experienced FSR.
- He will perform warranty and recall work.
- Test circuits and equipment utilizing various tools and machines such as computers, software, workstations, circuit diagram, etc.
- Analyze malfunctions in equipment and interpret maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct issues.
- FSR must be available to respond to emergency calls and for intervention.
- Maintain service equipment, tools and documentation. Identify sales opportunities and submit them to sales teams in the FS systems (CRM/ERP).
- Any intervention will have to be prepared and executed in respect of safety guidelines (prevention plan, protection equipments, …)
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Advise customers on best practice, new services and upgrade opportunities
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Perform Preventive, scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance on equipment
- Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
- Submit Opportunity Detected during his interventions
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems…
- Leads or contributes to Field Services small projects coordination and execution on customer site (end of life, modernization, upgrade, …).
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report)
- Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
- Provide daily and accurate time and expense for each customer intervention
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipments upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Assist Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
- When at customer site, looks for other business opportunities outside current scope of work and lead them to the sales team
- Is in permanent relation with his planner/coordinator for smooth execution of his intervention
- Will escalate to FS technical expert in the countries as needed when unable to solve a technical issue
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Can investigate remotely the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes (in a service bureau for example)
- Customers, coordinators, Operations leader, Inside services sales, technical support
Key Success Factors
- Regular training to develop competency
- Knowledge of overall Schneider Electric offer and serviceable assets to identify cross-BU opportunities
- Appropriate tools to be efficient
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical with at least 1 year of related experience, or have 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Field Service Rep Junior:
- Has 1-3 years experience in Field Services. FSR Jr. role works under general directions for routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Field Service Rep Senior:
- Has 3-5 years experience in Technical Service field. FSR Sr. role works under no instruction for routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
Field Service Rep Expert:
- Has 5 – 10 years experience in Technical Services.
- FSR Expert role works independently to determine methods and procedures on assignments.
- The Expert coordinates contracts and manages subcontractors on projects.
- Expert FSRs integrate all Schneider Electric and customer equipment and systems.
- Expert is responsible for Service Level provided to customer on-site.
- This role demonstrates applied technical experience for on-site project management across all BU offers.
Application Closing Date