Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Position: Communications / Social Media Associate
- Candidates will be responsible for leading the Corporate Communications team in the execution of communications and media relations strategies, tactics and initiatives of the organization.
- Interested candidates must able to work as assigned for 5 days a week and weekends (when necessary).
- Candidates should be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Have a Diploma or a Degree in Communications or related disciplines.
- Are knowledgeable of basic computing equipment and software typical in a modern office environment.
- Knowledge in practical application of Windows OS, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience in media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods will be an advantage.
- Possess knowledge and experience in the social media and traditional media marketing.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Display sound knowledge of the structure of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, as well as good writing and speaking skills.
- Have a strong ability to tell stories from basic life experiences and narratives.
- Have demonstrated skills in composing, editing and proofreading the written language as a means for effectively communicating to a variety of audiences; often requiring creativity or objectivity and impartial reporting.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Enjoy a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organization’s field.
- Maintain a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Preferred candidates – Female.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive or proprietary information and exercise discretion.
Job Position: Administrative Associate
Jo Location: Abuja
- Shall perform the tasks of general planning, coordination and management of an organization with a staff strength of about 15 persons.
- Interested candidates must be able to work as assigned for 5 days a week and weekends (when necessary).
- A Degree/HND in Administration or any other related Social Science discipline.
- At least 1 – 3years of experience in related position is a definite asset.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and social media tools
- Willingness to travel based on job demand.
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles.
- Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Between 21 and 35 years of age.
- Excellent written and oral English
- Have comprehensive knowledge of administrative procedures, policies, HR management, fundraising and resource management.
- Ability to work in a team and in a dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethics and personal character
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task, pay attention to details
Job Position: Videographer – Filming & Editing
Job Location: Lagos
- The Videographer is responsible for filming, editing and delivering outstanding video content for the Organization.
- S/he must be a multi-skilled, highly competent person who is flexible and knowledgeable enough to play different roles as circumstances requires.
- The role is hands-on, and he/she must have creative capacity and technical skills.
- Producing, filming and editing video content.
- Experience in camera operation, 4k Cinema, DSLR & digital video cameras, sound equipment and the overall production process is essential.
- Setup and capture great shots to fulfill the brief. (Includes basic lighting and optimal audio capture)
- Experience of using HTML & Flash, Photoshop, Motion, After Effects and any other animation software will be an added advantage.
- Data wrangling
- Encoding & delivering for web/DVD/broadcast
- Media management and archiving of completed jobs
- A Degree/HND in Political Science, Law, Development Studies or any other related Social Science discipline
- Editing video projects using Adobe Premiere Pro (Dialogue cutting, editing consultant and trouble-shooter)
- Working with a team of presenters, content creators, project lead or solo
- Visualize production scripts, briefs, understand production requirements to produce great results
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines, including working out of office hours and occasionally on weekends
- Flexible with good initiative able to deal with ambiguity (asking the right questions, anticipating needs, being resourceful and preparing for a number of outcomes.)
- Responsible and able to deliver outstanding service levels
Job Position: Democracy and Good Governance Program Officer
Job Location: Abuja
- Shall perform the tasks of general planning, coordination and management of a democracy and good governance youth project.
- Interested candidates must able to work as assigned for 5 days a week and weekends (when necessary)
- A Degree/HND in Political Science, Law, Development Studies or any other related Social Science discipline.
- Excellent written and oral English, exceptional analytic capacity and skills and the ability to speak and understand French will be of advantage.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent and extensive computer skills and high comfort level with computer research, database management, proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent coordination, networking and facilitation skills.
- Preferred candidate: Female.
- At least 1- 2 years of experience in democracy, governance and political-related work with an NGO, or other development organizations is a definite asset.
- Between 23 and 32 years of age.
- In-depth knowledge of political and economic issues and trends in especially Nigeria, Africa and surrounding continents.
- Solid understanding of civil society issues and familiarity with civil society networks, media outlets, political actors, and individual activists, democratic governance and thematic areas e.g public administration, rule of law, elections, legislative process, local government, civil society, gender and youth.
- Creative ways to strengthen advocacy initiatives related to democracy, governance, electoral processes and reforms
All qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV’s and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 20th October, 2017.
Join our 2019 International Scholarship Whatsapp Group for Questions and Updates.